EssentialsX 2.19.7 is here! 🎉 This release has several bug fixes for chat and other issues. Keep reading to see all the changes!
Thanks to all our contributors who contributed to this release (all of whom are listed at the bottom of this release), as well as to everyone who has contributed to translations on Crowdin!
Finally, a massive thanks to our community members who have assisted countless people on GitHub and MOSS, including @triagonal, @JasonHorkles, @Evidentsinger14, @Chew, @Laarryy and many others.
In addition, a shoutout to our supporters on Patreon, GitHub Sponsors and Ko-fi. A special thanks goes to our Hero tier supporters:
- Vestria MC
Want to be listed here? You can join our Hero tier on Patreon or GitHub at the links above!
Your support helps us to continue spending hours of our free time working on and improving EssentialsX for everyone. If you've got any spare change, you can click one of the buttons below to support the EssentialsX project:
Supported server versions
EssentialsX officially supports the CraftBukkit, Spigot, and Paper server software. Specifically, EssentialsX is designed to work on the following Minecraft versions:
1.19.2- EssentialsX actively develops against and supports these versions.
1.17.1- these versions are still supported, but are not a priority for us, and may be dropped in a future release.
We recommend using the latest version of Paper. EssentialsX includes significant improvements that require Paper, including:
- Paper's async chunk loading reduces lag spikes during player teleports. CraftBukkit and Spigot do not support async chunk loading from plugins.
/stonecutterare only supported on Paper. CraftBukkit and Spigot do not support the API needed for these.
/recipeon 1.12+ requires Paper to avoid a dupe bug introduced by CraftBukkit and Spigot.
- Paper properly shows colours in EssentialsX's console log messages, including EssentialsX Chat messages.
- Paper contains countless overall performance optimisations over CraftBukkit and Spigot.
- Paper supports all properly-written plugins for CraftBukkit and Spigot.
EssentialsX does not support the following Minecraft versions or server software:
- 🛑 "Ultra-performance" Paper forks including Akarin, Yatopia, and similar projects - these often perform non-standard behaviour and can break your worlds and installed plugins.
- 🛑 Mohist - The Mohist project is known to be sketchy, and has, in the past, tricked users into deleting official EssentialsX jars and installing an unofficial build. We cannot guarantee the safety or functionality of unofficial builds of EssentialsX; you should avoid using Mohist where possible.
- 🛑 Other Forge/Bukkit hybrid servers including Cauldron, Thermos, Magma, CatServer - EssentialsX is built for the Bukkit API, which does not properly support mods. For modded servers, use SpongeForge and Nucleus, or an alternative mod for Forge or Fabric.
Upgrading to 2.19.7
If you're upgrading from 2.19.3 or above, you can keep your current EssentialsX config file. There have been no changes to the configuration since that release.
Upgrading from 2.19.2 or older versions of EssentialsX? See the previous update changelogs.
Anchor charges deplete on Spigot even when EssentialsX Spawn overrides the spawn location
On CraftBukkit and Spigot, anchor charges will deplete regardless of the
respawn-at-anchor due to an unfixed bug in CraftBukkit. This bug has been patched in Paper.
Vanilla signed chat commands may show EssentialsX formatting on 1.19.1+
If you use any vanilla commands that send secure chat messages (including
/minecraft:me), you may see formatting from EssentialsX Chat in these messages. This is due to an implementation quirk in Spigot, which forces plugins to handle all secure previews for vanilla chat commands as if they were public chat messages. There is no known workaround for this at this time, but you can continue to use unsigned commands from EssentialsX and other plugins as normal.
Bugs fixed from 2.19.6 and older versions
/sudoto send a chat message as another user will no longer send their previewed message. (#5062)
- To prevent item loss, users can no longer use
/invseeon themselves. (#5061)
/ess dumpcommand no longer errors on 1.8.8. (#5067)
- Various notifications (including bans/kicks/mutes and
/helpop) now show colors properly in the console. (#5075)
- Users with RGB permissions but without color permissions can now use RGB color codes properly. (#5076)
- Backup scripts now properly log errors again. (#5077)
/baltopcommand now works in command blocks. (#5078)
- Chat: Local chat messages are no longer sent globaly. (#5062)
Regressions fixed from 2.19.7 dev builds
There are no known regressions in 2.19.7 dev builds.
Changes for developers
There are no API changes in this release!
For a full commit log, click here.
Featured versionsSee all