New projects are created as drafts and can be found under your profile page.
Create a project
A moderation message is optional, but it can be used to communicate problems with a project's team members. The body is also optional and supports markdown formatting!
Featured versionsSee all
Vanilla Refresh is a vanilla quality of life expansion, aimed to add features to Minecraft that feel like they should have always been there. Each feature can be toggled on or off to your liking, so you can customize your Minecraft experience just how you want it.
Many features are perfect for multiplayer moments, like player sitting to make for your perfect player hangout, equipable head banners for your clans and factions, or linked player death items, so when you're killed players can't steal all your stuff. Not only that but Vanilla Refresh is installed super easily, just drag this zip to your world's mods folder, and all of its features will work across your world. It even works on existing worlds.
Vanilla Refresh also comes with Creative Mode tools! Search the item menu through certain tagged items, which you can view them all by searching #vanilla_refresh: in the item search bar. You can also use wands, allowing you to instantly teleport yourself toward a selected location, instantly erase mobs, or clear surronding vegetation.
Toggle features in the settings menu by using
/function vanilla_refresh:_settings in chat
Access Creative Mode wands with
/function vanilla_refresh:_wands in chat
Access Creative Mode item sets with
/function vanilla_refresh:_item_sets in chat
With over 30+ features and still adding, Vanilla Refresh keeps making Minecraft that little bit better. Any features you don't like you can disable and re-enable at anytime via the settings menu
Enabled By Default:
- Player Sitting: Sit anywhere by facing straight down, crouching and right clicking. Your hand slot must be empty.
- Equipable Banners: To equip a banner, triple click sneak whilst holding a banner. Your head slot must be empty
- Player Statistics: Using
/trigger statsplayers will be able to view a variety of server tracked stats
- Looping Jukebox: Discs inside a jukebox will play on loop so you dont have to reinsert it everytime on you wanna relisten
- Drop Ladder: Press sneak whilst on a ladder to extend its length down and hang midair
- Custom Block Animations: Blocks including Enchanting Tables, Brewing Stands, Beacons, Wither Skeleton Skulls, and Jukeboxes wil have improved block animations. Insert disc 11 or disc 13 for a special jukebox animation for their music.
- Death Stats: On death, your death count and time since last death will be announced
- Death Sound Effects: Plays a sound effect globally to all players on your death
- Totem Works In Void: Falling into the void with a totem in hand/offhand will enter you into a sort of float mode till you reach land
- Player Linked Death Drops: On death, players wont be able to steal your items, only you can pick them up
- Mob Health Display: Look at a mob and their health will display to you above your hotbar
- Wither Drops Head: Upon defeating the Wither, it'll drop its head as a trophy to show off your win
- Subtitles on Major Events: Major actions like summoning the wither will display a dramatic title on screen
- Subtitles on Biome Discovery: When finding a new biome, it'll display the name/category name as a subtitle
- Daycounter: Counts the days of the server and displays them at the start of each day
- Griefing Gamerules: Within the settings menu, toggle in antigrief whether you want TNT enabled or disabled
- Crops XP: When breaking crops, wheat, pumkins, nether wart, etc, you'll have a chance of receiving a bit of experience
- Homing Experience Orbs: Killed a ghast from a far distance? Those orbs will come striaght back to you
- Extra Loyal Tridents: If your (loyalty) trident falls into the void, it'll bounce straight back up and aim back to you without a hastle
- Better Armor Stands: They now have arms, and if you power a lever near them it'll swap their pose, with many poses ported from bedrock edition
- Low Health Sound: If you take damage at low health a heartbeat sound will play once
- Better Lodestones: - Drop a named paper ontop of a lodestone to name it. Change the color of the text with dyes as well. Dropping an enderpearl ontop of the lodestones will create an instant waypoint, which can be teleported to instantly via ender pearls within 96 blocks.
- Tab Display: - Allows you to display stats on the player tab list
- Belowname: Display - Allows you to display stats below the player name OR cycle all their stats
- Path Sprinting: - Paths now give you speed as an incentive to place paths around your towns
- Tips: Sends out a chat message every 10 minutes will a possibly helpful minecraft knowledge tip
- Viewable Gamerules: Use /trigger VanillaRefresh_gamerules in chat to see the gamerules and vanilla refresh features the server you are on has configured!
- Stands and Frames Invisibility: Throw an invisibility potion on an armor stand or item frame to make it invisible, use a splash water bottle to make it reappear!
- Recovery Coordinates: Makes the recovery compass show the coordinates and dimension where you died
- Stonecutter Damage: Makes stonecutters deal damage
- Readable Clocks: Holding a clock will show day you're on and time. Put it up on an item frame to see the time without needing to hold it.
- Party Cake: Make your cakes more surprising my dropping a firework on them making them explode with confetti when eaten (no griefing)
- Join/Exiting Sound Effects: Plays a notification sound when someone joins or exits the game
Show Features (Disabled by Default)
Features Disabled By Default: (Must be enabled in settings)
- Soul Links: Similar to a type of grave. Souls will store your XP and Items via a soul you drop on death, simply get close to the soul and your items will return to you and 80% of your XP levels. Souls cannot burn in lava, and if it will in the void it will make an attempt to tp to the highest point of land it can. If not, teleports to y 96
- Enderdragon Drops Elytra: Makes the dragon drop elytra on each kill, also animated with a pretty epic particle animation.
- Dynamic Optifine Lighting: (May Lag Server) makes torch emit light in your hand on the serverside
- Local Death Sound Effect: Sound effect that plays locally to players who have died
- Exploding Blast Furnace: Disabled by default for a reason. This is a joke feature, unless you do actually want exploding blast furnaces
- First Join Chat Message: Lets players know when a member who has joined for their first time joins, along with their member join order number.
Join the Discord Server to chat, discuss, and get help with my mods!
Help support the making of my datapacks with memberships or donations on Ko-fi!