Vanilla Refresh is a vanilla-like, quality of life expansion, adding small QOL features to Minecraft aimed to fix minor issues with the game and generally make the experience more enjoyable. Each feature can be toggled on or off to your liking, so you can customize your Minecraft experience just how you want it.
Many features are perfect for multiplayer moments, like player sitting to make for your perfect player hangout, equipable head banners for your clans and factions, or player souls which store your items on death secured away from other players. Not only that but Vanilla Refresh has an easy installation that works with existing worlds.
Creative Mode Tools
Vanilla Refresh also comes with Creative Mode tools! Search the item menu through certain tagged items, which you can view them all by searching #vanilla_refresh: in the item search bar. You can also use wands, allowing you to instantly teleport yourself toward a selected location, instantly erase mobs, or clear surronding vegetation. Enter spectator mode and use a variety of actions, like teleporting to a random player or giving yourself night vision.
Settings / Commands
Toggle features in the settings menu by using
/function vanilla_refresh:_settings in chat
Access Creative Mode wands with
/function vanilla_refresh:_wands in chat
Access Creative Mode item sets with
/function vanilla_refresh:_item_sets in chat
Certain Vanilla Refresh debug visuals and logs can be seen by running the command
/tag @s add refresh_debug
With over 30+ features and still adding, Vanilla Refresh keeps making Minecraft that little bit better. Any features you don't like you can disable and re-enable at anytime via the settings menu
Enabled By Default:
- Player Sitting: Sit anywhere by facing straight down, crouching and right clicking. Your hand slot must be empty.
- Mob Health Display: Displays the health of a mob near you above your hotbar
- Daycounter: Counts the days of the server and displays them at the start of each day
- Homing Experience Orbs: Killed a ghast from a far distance? Those orbs will come straight back to you instead of into lava
- Totem Works In Void: Falling into the void with a totem in hand/offhand will enter you into a controllable float mode of levitation and reverse levitation till you reach land
- Crops XP: When breaking crops, wheat, pumkins, nether wart, etc, you'll have a chance of receiving a bit of experience
- Extra Loyal Tridents: If your (loyalty) trident falls into the void, it'll no longer meet its end, instead it will bounce back to you.
- Better Armor Stands: They now have arms, and if you power a lever near them it'll swap their pose, with some poses inspired by bedrock edition. Poses 2 and 3 can be used to hang items on walls, using a invisibility potion to hide the armor stand.
- Player Statistics: Using
/trigger statsplayers will be able to view their stats the server has tracked.
- You can view the stats of other online players by using the command
/trigger stats set memberIDherereplacing
memberIDherewith the member ID of an online player to view their stats. You can find your member ID by using
/trigger stats. You can make member ID's easily accessible by setting them to be on the Tab Display or Belowname Display
- You can view the stats of other online players by using the command
- Tab Display: - Allows you to display stats on the player tab list
- Belowname: Display - Allows you to display stats below the player name OR cycle all their stats
- Viewable Gamerules: Use /trigger
gamerulesin chat to see the gamerules and vanilla refresh features the server you are on has configured!
- Playerlist Command: Use
/trigger playerlistto view a list of online players, the count of online players, and how many ever joined the server. Player names are color coded based on dimension (can be configured) and creative/spectator mode players are categorized.
- Equipable Banners: To equip a banner, triple click sneak whilst holding a banner. Your head slot must be empty
- Drop Ladder: Press sneak whilst on a ladder to extend its length down and hang midair
- Custom Block Animations: Blocks including Enchanting Tables, Brewing Stands, Beacons, Wither Skeleton Skulls, Dragon Eggs, and Jukeboxes wil have improved block animations.
- Subtitles on Major Events: Major actions like summoning the wither will display a dramatic title on screen
- Subtitles on Biome Discovery: When finding a new biome, it'll display the name/category name as a subtitle
- Trimmed Armored Piglins: Armored piglins now have a chance of spawning in with their armor pieces trimmed. About 8% of all piglins will have trimmed armor, and bastion remnants will have 16% of all piglins with trimmed armor.
- Death Sound Effects: Plays a sound effect globally to all players on your death. Set to play a sound based on how you died, or to a set sound.
- Wither Drops Head: Upon defeating the Wither, it'll drop its head as a trophy to show off your win
- Spectator Ghost: Gives players in spectator mode a white effect particle visible to non spectator players.
- Spectator Actions: When entering spectator mode, you'll be given UI actions that can be clicked to spectate a random player or exit spectator mode
- Griefing Gamerules: Within the settings menu, toggle in antigrief whether you want TNT enabled or disabled
- Low Health Sound: If you take damage at low health a heartbeat sound will play once
- Better Lodestones: - Lodestones have a variety of helpful new functions
- Drop a named paper ontop of a lodestone to name it. The lodestone will display the name above to players.
- Change the color of the text with dyes as well.
- Dropping an ender pearl ontop of the lodestones will create an instant waypoint, which can be teleported to instantly via ender pearls within 96 blocks. The lodestones dye/color also affects the color of the teleport indicator.
- Path Sprinting: - Paths now give you speed as an incentive to place paths around your towns
- Tips: Tells the player about certain Vanilla Refresh features when using an item related to that feature.
- On the start of the 2nd to 5th day, some tips are garunteed to show whilst others only show when holding a related item
- There is also an extra option available which displays general Minecraft tips in chat
- Stands and Frames Invisibility: Throw an invisibility potion on an armor stand or item frame to make it invisible, use a splash water bottle to make it reappear!
- Recovery Coordinates: Makes the recovery compass show the coordinates and dimension where you died
- Readable Clocks: Holding a clock will show day you're on and time. Put it up on an item frame to see the time without needing to hold it.
- Party Cake: Make your cakes more surprising by dropping a firework on them making them explode with confetti when eaten (no griefing)
- Join/Exiting Sound Effects: Plays a notification sound when someone joins or exits the game
- Better Baby Zombies: Halves the health of baby zombies but makes them more excited (Jumps more, and slightly faster)
- Anvil Grinding: Accidentally made some extra deepslate tile stairs? Place an anvil on top of it to convert it back into Cobbled Deepslate. This works for many other blocks like blue ice, stone bricks, and stripped logs.
- Echo Shard Silence: Drop an echo shard ontop of a mob to silence it. You can get that echo shard back by either killing the mob, or placing water ontop of it.
- Time Offset: You know how the Minecraft Day oddly starts on day 0? Vanilla Refresh adds +1 so that when you first create the world, you're on day 1! On existing worlds, your world will have +1 day added.
Show Features (Disabled by Default)
Features Disabled By Default: (Must be enabled in settings)
- Soul Links: Similar to a type of grave. Souls will store your XP and Items via a soul you drop on death, simply get close to the soul and your items will return to you and 80% of your XP levels. Souls cannot burn in lava, and if it will in the void it will make an attempt to tp to the highest point of land it can. If not, teleports to y 96
- Enderdragon Drops Elytra: Makes the dragon drop elytra on each kill, animated with a pretty epic particle animation.
- Renewable Dragon Eggs: Makes the dragon drop a dragon egg on each kill, not just on its first kill, also animated with a pretty epic particle animation.
- Looping Jukebox: Discs inside a jukebox will play on loop so you dont have to reinsert it everytime you wanna relisten to a disc
- Death Stats: On death, your death count and time since last death will be announced
- Local Death Sound Effect: Sound effect that plays locally to players who have died
- First Join Chat Message: Lets players know when a member who has joined for their first time joins, along with their member join order number.
- Dynamic Optifine Lighting: (Buggy and may cause lag) Makes torches emit light in your hand on the serverside
- Exploding Blast Furnace: Disabled by default- for a good reason. This is a joke feature, unless you do actually want exploding blast furnaces lol
For view of the entire license, click here. In summary, just dont republish this project or send modified copies to other people. You may modify it in singleplayer or in your own server. You are free to add this to modpacks as well.
Only one file is permitted to be edited in a public modpack, that being the mod's default settings file. This is helpful for modpack devs if they want certain features disabled from one of my mods. Join my discord if you need help locating this project's default settings file.
Join the Discord Server to chat, discuss, and get help with my mods!
Help support the making of my datapacks with memberships or donations on Ko-fi!