A moderation message is optional, but it can be used to communicate problems with a project's team members. The body is also optional and supports markdown formatting!
Featured versionsSee all
Warning: Botania Requires Patchouli and Curios (Forge) or Trinkets (Fabric/Quilt)!
Botania is a tech mod themed around natural magic. Gameplay is centered around creating magical flowers and devices using Mana, the power of the earth. Botania is fully playable as a standalone mod (and is designed as such), but it functions just well in conjunction with other mods.
The mod focuses on automation, but without elements that make it feel grindy-- systems can be thought out and designed, rather than built blindly from blueprints in JEI or a wiki.
Botania's design philosophy
- No pipes, wires, etc-- they're boring and overdone;
- No GUIs-- interact with everything in-world;
- No numbers-- players shouldn't try to minmax everything;
- Keep all resources as renewable as possible;
- Provide pleasing visuals, despite using only two different particle effects.
- Break the mold of mods being means to ends-- be engaging in gameplay as well as in rewards;
- Deliver fun and balanced gameplay without forcing players to grind;
- Incentivize sandbox gameplay and allow players to create fun contraptions;
- Create an overall immersive experience.