An accompanying mod for Connector that adds integration with third-party APIs and mods.
Connector Extras is divided into several submodules for each type of integration.
Team Reborn Energy API Bridge
A bridge between Forge Energy (FE) and Team Reborn's Energy API (E) that allows
two-way conversion of energy units, for both BlockEntities and ItemStacks.
The default conversion ratio is
1 E : 10 FE, and can be configured for both directions individually.
Setting a ratio to
0 will disable conversion in its direction.
REI Plugin Platform Bridge
Runs REI's Fabric plugin detector on Forge in addition to the default
one, allowing it to load plugins from mods of both platforms at once.
Includes parts of REI Fabric code in the
me.shedaniel.rei package, licensed under the
EMI Plugin Platform Bridge
Reach Entity Attributes - Forge
A Forge port of the Fabric Reach Entity Attributes library, implemented alongside Forge's own reach attributes. Allows for compatiblity with Fabric mods that require it, but wouldn't otherwise be compatible due to the heavy forge mixin conflicts of the original version.
Architectury API Bridge
Registers mod event buses of Fabric mods to Architectury Forge to avoid registry init issues.
terrablender of Fabric mods on Forge, making their usage with the Forge version
of TerraBlender possible.
Geckolib Forge is incompatible with most Fabric mods that use Geckolib for Fabric. In these cases, Geckolib Fabric must be used instead. Connector Extras fixes a few issues that have arised with this version:
- To improve compatibility, we bridge Gekolib's
RenderProviderto Forge, fixing an issue that turned some items invisible.
Minecraft#resourceManagerbefore Connector loads fabric mods, which is required to run Geckolib Fabric
Integrates ModMenu the config screen factory with Forge's mod list gui.
Fixes Continuity's connected textures for modded blocks. By default, Continuity builds a map of model IDs to all registered blocks in its client initializer (
ModelWrappingHandler#createBlockStateModelIdMap). However, this is too soon as it happens before blocks of Forge mods are registered. As a results, CTM models will not be created for Forge mod blocks. To fix this issue, we patch Continuity to move the block state map initialization from Fabric's client entrypoint to FML's client setup event, which is fired after registration has completed.
Amecs API - Forge port
A Forge port of the Fabric Amecs API library, implemented alongside Forge's key modifier system. Allows for compatiblity with Fabric mods that require it, but wouldn't otherwise be compatible due to the heavy forge mixin conflicts of the original version.
Forge Config API Port - Forge bridge
A clean implementation of Forge Config API Port on Forge, allowing Fabric mods to easily access the Forge config system and register their own configs.
🔍 Get help
If you're having trouble using Connector Extras or believe it is not functioning correctly, ask us on GitHub Discussions, our discord, or open an issue in this repository.
Here's a few tips to follow when reporting issues:
- Make sure you are using latest available version. Look for existing issues that might've already been answered / fixed.
- Navigate to the issues tab and open a new issue. Select one of the available templates depending on the topic. Fill in the required fields. In order to increase our chances of identifying and reproducing the issue, please make sure to include as many details as possible.
- Once you're done describing the problem, submit the issue. We'll get to you as soon as we can.
Please note that providing as many details as possible is crucial to help us find and resolve the issue faster, while also getting you a fixed version ASAP.
- Connector Extras is licensed under the MIT license.
- Bundles a Forge port of Reach Entity Attributes, which is licensed under the MIT license.
- Includes parts of REI Fabric code in the REI Bridge module, licensed under the MIT License.
- Includes parts of EMI Fabric code in the EMI Bridge module, licensed under the MIT License.
- Includes parts of Terrablender Fabric API code, licensed under the LGPLv3 License.
- Includes the ModMenu API, licensed under the MIT license.
- Bundles a Forge port of Amecs API, which is licensed under the Apache-2.0 license.
- Includes the Forge Config API Port API, licensed under the MPL-2.0 license.