This mod is pretty straight forward. It adds an XP Block which allows for near infinite storage of experience which any players can access. In the Creative Menu, it can be found under the "Miscellaneous" tab.
To view how many XP is stored in the block, just look at it, and a nametag-like text will pop up above the block showing an approximation of how many levels are stored and the exact value of XP stored in brackets (toggleable).
The block also has Waila/HWYLA/Jade and TheOneProbe support. Both mods' tooltips show the same level approximation, and when sneaking also the exact amount of XP stored.
The block will retain the stored XP when it's broken. The item in the inventory will show the amount of stored XP in its tooltip, too.
The block can pickup XP orbs in a 3 block radius around it. This can be turned off by providing a redstone signal to the XP Block.
- Sneak + rightclick with an empty hand to add all your current experience to the block
- Rightclick to remove one level from the block and add it to your experience bar
- Offhand must be empty
(Outdated looking, but still relevant!)
There are a few configuration options which also don't need a restart. You can:
- Configure the speed at which the emerald within the XP Block is spinning
- Configure the speed at which the emerald is bobbing up and down
- Toggle the nameplate above the XP Block that shows the contents
- Set the amount of XP needed for a comparator to output one redstone signal strength
- Disable picking up XP orbs around the XP Block
- Change the radius in which the XP Block will pickup XP orbs
- Control whether to store only one level at a time or all levels at once
- Control whether to retrieve only one level at a time or all levels at once
- Control the percentage of XP that the block gives back to the player, perhaps as some sort of payment for using it
The values you insert for 1. and 2. are multiples of the default speed. If you would set both to 2.0 the emerald would be animated twice as fast as with the default values. Config options 1-3 are client sided, 4-6 are server sided (latter can be found in the serverconfig folder in your world).
You are allowed to use this mod in any modpack.