Minecraft Forge/Fabric/Quilt mod that adds the ability to walk around while in inventories
This is a rewrite of the previously separate Forge and Fabric versions.
Mod compatibilities have been moved into an addon mod: InvMoveCompats
Enables moving, jumping, sprinting, etc. from within inventories.
Also hides the darkened background tint in inventories that don't pause the game.
Both features can be toggled on or off per-inventory in the config menu.
This mod is client-side, but it may raise alarms if used on servers with anticheat.
I take no responsibility if you get banned or something because you used this on public servers.
Requires Cloth Config on Forge/Fabric/Quilt.
Requires Fabric API on Fabric.
Requires Quilted Fabric API / Quilt Standard Libraries on Quilt.
For Fabric, you need Mod Menu to be able to open the config screen.
For Forge, I also recommend Game Menu Mod Option so you can change settings in-game.
- Enable Mod: Enable the entire mod
- Debug Display: Enables a debug overlay that can help debug compatibility problems.
- Move In Inventories: Enable movement in inventories
There is a keybind you can set to toggle this setting (unbound by default)
- Allow Jumping: Allow jumping in inventories
- Sneak Mode: How to handle sneaking in inventories:
- Off = No sneaking
- Maintain = Keep sneaking if you were when the inventory opened (default)
- Pressed = Sneak only while holding the sneak button (can be distracting when shift-clicking)
- Allow Dismounting: Allow dismounting from mounts in inventories (overrides "Sneak Mode" while on a mount)
- Text Field Disables Movement: Disable movement when a text field is focused (like search bars or in an anvil)
- Hide Inventory Backgrounds: Hides the background tint while in inventories.
- Pause Screens Background: How to handle screens that pause the game:
- Show = Always show background
- ShowSP = Show background in singleplayer, otherwise allow hide
- AllowHide = Allow background to be hidden
The Movement and Background pages also have expandable categories containing toggles for individual inventory types.
The base mod only has a category for vanilla inventories. For more mod compatibilities, see InvMoveCompats
Any screens not handled by installed mod compatibilities are added to the "Unrecognized UI Types" section, grouped by modid.
Feel free to use in packs if you wish.
The only official downloads are from the InvMove GitHub, Modrinth, or CurseForge page.
Be careful downloading them from elsewhere, as unauthorized reposts are not monitored and could contain malware.
(If you are interested in the mod being added to another platform, please open an issue!)
The mod is licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License v3.0