This release fixes some issues that were introduced with Sodium 0.5.x, mostly to improve mod compatibility.
Compatible with Minecraft 1.20.1 only and Fabric Loader 0.14 or newer.
Note: Other mods which are compatible with Sodium 0.5.1 should also be compatible with Sodium 0.5.2, with some notable exceptions (such as Iris Shaders.) You may have to wait for an update from the authors of those mods.
- Fixed a problem where chunks would not render in front of the player when using mods that disable fog effects.
- Fixed a problem where the game would freeze if using mods that configure the fog distance to far beyond the render distance.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when mods make use of NIO channels on the chunk meshing threads.
- Cauldron blocks no longer force the use of smooth biome color blending for the fluid conetnts.
- Added some additional integrations for ModMenu.