A moderation message is optional, but it can be used to communicate problems with a project's team members. The body is also optional and supports markdown formatting!
The NEW Modrinth Technologies™ website BETA is now live!!Learn moreTry it out
Mozilla Public License 2.0
Featured versionsSee all
Modeler / Animator
Modeler / Animator
Developer / Artist
Lead Animator / Artist
Cobblemon v1.3.0 ~ Forge
1.3.0 - The Foundation Update (March 17th, 2023)
- Upgraded Fabric API dependence to 0.75.1+1.19.2
- Upgraded Architectury API dependence to 6.5.69
- Cobblemon Forge now depends on Kotlin for Forge.
- Added new models and animations for Poké Balls and reworked their mechanics to feel much smoother instead of being pure frustration.
- Added party scrolling via holding R and using the mouse wheel so you don't need to take your hand off your mouse.
- Added a cap of Pokémon spawns in an area because waiting a while made things insane. This is controlled by a new
- Added models and animations for heaps of Pokémon (101): Riolu, Lucario, Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Turtwig, Grotle, Torterra, Popplio, Brionne, Primarina, Treeko, Grovyle, Sceptile, Snivy, Servine, Serperior, Tepig, Pignite, Emboar, Oshawott, Dewott, Samurott, Grookey, Thwackey, Rillaboom, Scorbunny, Raboot, Cinderace, Sobble, Drizzile, Inteleon, Fennekin, Braixen, Delphox, Froakie, Frogadier, Greninja, Chespin, Quilladin, Chesnaught, Miltank, Torkoal, Kricketot, Kricketune, Heatmor, Durant, Wooloo, Dubwool, Pumpkaboo, Gourgeist, Sigilyph, Cryogonal, Whismur, Loudred, Exploud, Misdreavus, Mismagius, Tatsugiri, Eiscue, Luvdisc, Stantler, Wyrdeer, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Sneasel, Weavile, Elgyem, Beheeyem, Baltoy, Claydol, Nacli, Naclstack, Alcremie, Milcery, Dhelmise, Morelull, Shiinotic, Xerneas, Klink, Klang, Klinklang, Joltik, Galvantula, Honedge, Duoblade, Aegislash, Spiritomb, Mawile, Carvanha, Sharpedo, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry, Lotad, Lombre, Ludicolo, Pineco, Forretress, and Spinda.
- Added generation 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 Starter Pokémon to the starter select screen.
- Added particle effect support for model animations
- Added particle effect and animation for Gastly.
- Added sleep and faint animations to many Pokémon.
- Added item holding for Pokémon. Any Minecraft item can be given to a Pokémon by holding shift and right-clicking them. Traditional Pokémon held items will have their expected battle effects.
- Added heaps of held items with crafting recipes: Assault Vest, Big Root, Black Belt, Black Sludge, Charcoal, Choice Band, Choice Scarf, Choice Specs, Dragon Fang, Exp. Share, Focus Band, Hard Stone, Heavy-Duty Boots, Leftovers, Light Clay, Lucky Egg, Magnet, Miracle Seed, Muscle Band, Mystic Water, Never-Melt Ice, Poison Barb, Quick Claw, Rocky Helmet, Safety Goggles, Sharp Beak, Silk Scarf, Silver Powder, Soft Sand, Spell Tag, Twisted Spoon, and Wise Glasses.
- Added heaps of evolution items with crafting recipes: Milcery's sweets items, Chipped Pot, Cracked Pot, Deep Sea Scale, Deep Sea Tooth, Dragon Scale, Galarica Cuff, Galarica Wreath, Peat Block, Prism Scale, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Reaper Cloth, Sachet, Sweet Apple, Tart Apple, and Whipped Dream.
- Existing evolution items all now either have a crafting recipe or drop from Pokémon.
- Added the Item tags
cobblemon:held/lucky_eggallowing you to mark any items you desire to have the effects implied in the tag name.
- Added an interface that appears when interacting with your Pokémon while sneaking. The interface allows for interactive options such as shouldering and exchanging held items.
- Added blinking animations to many Pokémon.
- Added animated texture support.
- Added translucent option for aspect layers.
- Added glowing textures to many Pokémon and it looks amazing.
- Added the Saturation shoulder effect.
- Added the Haste shoulder effect, initially for Joltik.
- Added the Water Breathing shoulder effect, initially for Wooper.
- Added the Speed shoulder effect, initially for Pichu and Pikachu.
- Dispensers can now use shears to automatically harvest fully grown Apricorns.
- Added milking to Miltank.
- Added shearing to Wooloo and Dubwool.
- Added data for generation 9 Pokémon species, moves, and ability data. They're all still Substitute models, but their moves and abilities work.
- Added support for custom Pokémon to implement 'quirks' such as blinks.
- Added sound effect for harvesting Apricorns.
- Added icon to summary and PC interfaces to indicated if a Pokémon is shiny.
- Added the
/spawnpokemonat <pos> <properties>command, the
posargument uses the same syntax as the Minecraft summon command.
- Added the
/giveallpokemoncommand which is definitely safe and not insane.
- Added compatibility with Carry On by preventing the mod being able to interact with Cobblemon entities, the mod caused too many gameplay detrimental features to stay enabled.
- Added healing to your party when you sleep in a bed.
- Added the 'ability' Pokémon Property so commands can specify the ability.
- Added block tag support to the 'neededBaseBlocks' and 'neededNearbyBlocks' spawn condition.
- Added a config option for disallowing players from damaging Pokémon by hand.
- Apricorn seeds can now be used with the Composter, these have the layer increase chance of 65% like Apricorns and various Minecraft crops.
- Added support for Pokémon species data appending making it so datapack developers no longer need to overwrite files.
- Added an implementation of every catch rate from generation 1 to 9, these can be used by changing the
generation_1Sets the calculator to the generation 1 implementation.
generation_2Sets the calculator to the generation 2 implementation.
generation_2_fixedSets the calculator to the generation 2 implementation with the status multiplier bug fixed.
generation_3_4Sets the calculator to the generation 3 and 4 implementation.
generation_5Sets the calculator to the generation 5 implementation.
generation_6Sets the calculator to the generation 6 implementation.
generation_7Sets the calculator to the generation 7 implementation.
generation_8Sets the calculator to the generation 8 implementation.
generation_9Sets the calculator to the generation 9 implementation.
cobblemonSets the calculator to the custom Cobblemon implementation. This is the default value.
debugSets the calculator to the debug/cheat implementation, every attempt will be a successful critical capture.
- Pokémon now save to the world by default, meaning the same Pokémon will remain in the world and not disappear after you log out and log back in. They still despawn over time though.
- Significantly sped up the Poké Ball shake animation so it takes less time to try to catch Pokémon.
- Update the PC and Healing Machine models and bounding boxes.
- The Healing Machine and PC now emit light when fully charged or when turned on respectively.
- The PC block screen will now turn on when being used.
- The Healing Machine will now visually display its charge level using 6 stages.
- The Healing Machine will now emit a redstone signal with the strength of 1 for every 10% charge it has when attached to a Redstone Comparator.
- Made it so that particles are not shown whenever you have a shoulder Pokémon that gives potion effects.
- Changed hitbox and size definitions for Decidueye, Blastoise, and Magmortar
- Apricorns can now be harvested with Axes, the speed will scale with enchantments and tool material, only dropping the Apricorn if fully grown, these will still destroy the Apricorn so the manual harvest still is recommended unless you're just keen on destroying trees.
- Apricorns are now a part of the vanilla tag
- Apricorns are now compatible with any mod that breaks a whole tree at once.
- Apricorns no longer have a config value for the seed drop chance these are now a part of their loot table which can be found in
- Advancements were redone to be slightly more interesting, with improved names, descriptions, and sorting.
- Updated models and textures for Tentacool line, Gengar, Slowpoke line, Tyrogue line, Doduo line, Dratini, Dragonair, Quagsire, and Piplup line. There were probably others, the team lost track.
- Improved sending out Pokémon at the start of battle so that they are positioned in a less annoying way.
- Name Tags will no longer be used on Pokémon and Poke Ball entities, this prevents the item from being wasted.
- Lowered spawn rate of Tauros.
- Sableye now spawns near gem ores as well as amethyst.
- Added evolution stones and items to item tags
- Fixed catch rates being entirely too difficult.
- Fixed various strange battle issues such as Flying types being vulnerable to Ground type moves and status effects hitting despite vulnerabilities.
- Fixed shiny Gyarados not using the red Gyarados texture.
- Improved the framing of all in-game Pokémon in the party and PC GUIs so they aren't halfway out of the screen or something else crazy.
- Fixed incompatibility with Kotlin for Forge (by depending on Kotlin for Forge ourselves)
- Fixed Gengar, Goodra, and many other Pokémon showing the types of an alternate form despite those not being modelled yet.
- Fixed datapack Pokémon not being able to battle.
- Fixed Pokémon always being created with a moveset as if they're level 1 instead of their current level.
- Fixed an issue of Pokémon not rendering in GUIs on some Mac displays.
- Fixed a soft-duplicate that could occur when a party Pokémon is pushed through a Nether Portal or left in a boat.
- Fixed Pokémon that faint from poison appearing to be on full health and suckering you into false hope.
- Fixed incorrect spawns of Tentacool, Tentacruel, Dragonite, Politoed, Tangrowth, Lickilicky, Electivire, and Magmortar.
- Fixed crashes involving opening the Pokémon summary GUI with an empty party.
- Fixed lower brightness settings causing Pokémon to appear much too dark in menus such as the party and PC.
- Fixed Showdown sometimes failing to start, causing crashes.
- Fixed Showdown initialization happening several times when you login, more depending on how many times you have relogged this session.
- Fixed Showdown failing to update on first attempt. We totally weren't accidentally deleting our target directory or anything, nope.
- Fixed HP recovery related battle actions not animating for the client nor updating the in-game Pokémon HP.
- Fixed moves that force a switch such as Teleport and U-Turn soft locking battles.
- Fixed missing battle text for Bide, Speed Boost, Belly Drum, Anger Point, and Haze.
- Fixed battle messages for many field effects starting, ending, and actions caused by them such as blocking certain moves.
- Improved battle messages for effects that prevent a move from being executed such as a Taunt, requiring a recharge, flinched, etc.
- Fixed move names not being translated in battle messages.
- Fixed stat change messages for boosts over 3 stages.
- Fixed experience calculation not being completely accurate.
- Fixed positioning of Poké Balls when rendered in Healing Machines.
- Fixed a desync issue on servers where all Pokémon seemed like they were special forms when they weren't.
- Fixed an incompatibility with Exordium.
- Fixed datapack Pokémon language key generation. A Pokémon under the namespace
Pogemonwill now correctly look for the lang key
- Fixed client not receiving messages for the different "stages" for the move Bide.
- Fixed the Medium Slow and Medium Fast experience group IDs, they're now
medium_fast. Any custom datapack Pokémon will require an update.
- Fixed Pokémon friendship being capped to the maximum level config value instead of the friendship one when loading Pokémon data.
- Fixed Poké Balls taking forever to capture Pokémon if you are underwater or up in the air where it takes a long time to hit the ground.
- Fixed Pokémon being unable to spawn on blocks such as snow layers.
- Fixed Pokémon spawning inside of trees.
- Fixed Pokémon experience not loading after a restart and instead going back to the minimal amount for the current level.
- Fixed being able to use
- Fixed being able to select fainted party members in the switch menu causing the battle to lock.
/spawnpokemoncommand not supporting any command source other than players.
- Fixed issues with Charizard's sleep pose.
- Fixed players being able to use multiple healer machines at once.
- Fixed Pokémon layers not rendering when a Pokémon is on your shoulder.
- Fixed Caterpie and Weedle not moving or looking at players. That was meant to be Metapod and Kakuna; how embarrassing.
- Fixed Pokémon not carrying over the correct equivalent original ability when evolving from stages that only had one ability.
- Fixed Deerling and Sawsbuck not spawning with the correct season.
- Fixed issue of not being able to drag the scroll bar in summary and battle interfaces.
- Fixed optional aspects not saving and loading properly.
- Fixed layering logic so multiple texture layers can exist on a Pokémon (probably).
- Fixed not all Poké Balls being associated with the
- Fixed the
/pokemoneditothercommand not working.
- Fixed ambient sound file path for Porygon2.
- Fixed forms not being able to unset the secondary type of a Pokémon in the stat JSON.
- Fixed moves that haven't carried over from generation 8 onwards having the description they did in the generation 8 games instead of their last valid one.
- Reworked CatchRateModifier, as such, existing implementations need to be updated.
- Fixed minimumDistanceBetweenEntities option being half of what it's set as.
- Fixed the contents of CobblemonEvents, CobblemonBlocks etc having getters instead of just being public static properties.
- Added ApricornHarvestEvent.
- Added a new item for representing Pokémon within native UI menus or item frames which display as the Pokémon's model. It's called a PokemonItem, with static functions to build one.
- Added complete translations for French, German, Simplified Mandarin, Brazilian Portuguese, and Pirate English.
- Added partial translations for Traditional Mandarin, Italian, and Spanish. We'd love more help with this!
- Thank you to all of the fantastic volunteer translators for taking the time to help with this!
Cobblemon-forge-1.3.0+1.19.2.jar(56.4 MiB) Primary Download