Iris 1.2.5 is now available for download for Minecraft 1.16.5, 1.17.1, and 1.18.2 (with 1.19 coming soon), fixing a huge number of bugs and mod compatibility issues, massively improving performance with packs using depth of field, and improving performance in some CPU-limited scenarios.
We hope for this to be one of the last big bugfix releases before PBR (Iris 1.3.0). When we release PBR, we plan to drop support for 1.17.1, meaning that the Iris release supporting PBR will only support 1.16.5, 1.18.2, and 1.19. We hope this makes sense, because actively supporting 4 different Minecraft versions would just be too much with our current development team.
This release was developed by coderbot & IMS with additional help from Pepper.
⬇ Download the release here: https://irisshaders.net/download.html
Here's what's changed since 1.2.4:
- ✅ Added an update checker so that people don't keep on running massively outdated Iris versions
- 📷 Massive performance improvements when Depth of Field is enabled
- 📈 Improved performance by up to 20%-40% in some CPU-limited situations
- 💡 Fixed big shadow issues with SEUS PTGI HRR 3 (Entities are still very blurry)
- 🐲 Fixed the dragon death animation on most shader packs
- 🩹 Fixed a massive number of small miscellaneous bugs with various packs
- ➕ Added support for Super Duper Vanilla Shaders
- 🤝 Fixed many mod compatibility issues (Litematica, Light Overlay, Orderly, Lifts, etc)
- 🏚️ Fixed compatibility with some unmaintained NVIDIA and Intel drivers for old hardware
- 🖥️ 1.17: Fixed slime blocks disappearing and white dots appearing on the screen
A more detailed changelog is available for those interested: https://github.com/IrisShaders/Iris/blob/trunk/docs/changelogs/1.2.5/full.md
Featured versionsSee all